Monday 30 May 2011

- Sundown Marathon 2011 race Review -


 
My race bib

And finally, the day I've been waiting for is here. So much anticipation about this event. This was my 2nd Sundown run but my 1st time doing a night marathon. Was expecting to be of the same as running a normal morning marathon, but how wrong was I. The decision to wear a half tights instead of the normal long one seems to backfired against me.
The pre-run was a very exciting one. Met up with my usual running kakis, had our usual camwhoring session, discussing about each others running tactics etc ....
Wonderful atmosphere we had there and also taking pics with strangers as we were wearing our Manchester United's jersey. That's the good thing about running I guess. Strangers do connect to each other somehow rather.

UNITED in running
 
Strangers when we 1st met
The run started 5 mins off the scheduled time at 2205 hrs. It started off quite well for me for the 1st 10km. Clocked at 1hr 10 mins, it was what I've planned. And as the distance gets longer, my pace becomes slower. So too were my legs. Started to feel cramps all over and also had a stomachache after the 18km mark, I had to walk/slow jog to make sure I didn't poop along the route. Hahahaha .... The deep heat given by the volunteers didn't help much too.
After the turning point at 21km mark, I felt the way back to the end point seems like forever. Everything was a drag. But I'm still determined to complete the race no matter how long it took. Giving up was never an option. I just wanted to earn the finishers medal and tee shirt real bad !! One thing for sure is that I'm gonna missed the Champs League final with the pace that I'm doing now.
After reaching the 39km mark, I had to fasten my pace to complete my race at a respectable timing. Sub 6 hours is my next target after I failed to get my targeted timing of below 5hr 30mins. Then again, 3km feels like eternity !! Still can't pace myself well and finally reach the end point at a poor timing of 6hr 23 mins. Really unexpected and disappointed with myself. And at the same time, heard news that Man United was losing 3-1 to Barca !! Double combo to me !! Nevertheless, felt happy that I've completed my 3rd Full Marathon even though my timing was not a good one. Will train harder for my next FM !!
I hope to be back stronger and much more faster than this. Insyaallah ..... 



- Sundown Marathon 2011_ Garmin Connect Details -
























 Collected my hard-earned finishers' medal and tee shirt. Really glad I made it !!
Nothing really beats the feeling of achieving my goals .....





My running kakis after the run.
Everyone is a hero. Doing something we love most and achieving our individual goals, really made our nite!! 
We've beaten the sunrise and we sure gonna be back again next year !!




Slacked there for a while before we made our way to a heavy breakfast of nasi lemak and roti pratas.
And also our well-deserved sleep.
Sleep really can't wait now.







My finishing pose



And lastly, the finishing pose that I've been planning while I was running. Could be better though.
Can't help it. I'm tired to the max !!



No comments:

Post a Comment