Sunday 22 May 2011

- 100 Plus PAssion Run 2011 25km race Review -


My bib number

Attended my 2nd Passion Run yesterday afternoon but it was my 1st in the 25km Men's category. Reached the location 15 minutes prior to flag-off. Blame it on the traffic leading to ECP!!
Met few of my runner kakis there and had a short warm-up/stretching before I proceed to the start point. Did not get to join the 1st wave but it doesn't really matter to me. I ran to complete not to compete !!
The 2nd wave started exactly at 1640hrs and it was a very slow start because of the bottleneck due to the narrow start of the course.
I started really slow because I don't wanna waste my energy and also 25km is a long way!! The hot weather doesn't help too. At the 4th km mark, I was already feeling so thirsty and feeling so lethargic. And so I told myself to keep a constant pace of between 6min 30sec to 7mins per km. It did help me because I didn't stop for any water breaks for the next 12km .....
Overall I think I had a good run. I was able to keep a constant pace throughout except when I had a water break at every 5km mark. I had a cramp-free run too which is really great considering that I didn't have a proper stretching.
At the last 3km, I tried to run as fast as I can hoping that I can complete within my targeted timing of 3hrs. I was happy to see the end point and cross the line in exactly 3hrs. It may not be a great timing but I know I had accomplished my mission.

- Passion Run 2011 25km _ Garmin Connect Details -



Joined the queue to collect my finisher medal and also the under-sized finisher tee.
I really like the unique medal but the tee shirt is crap. Too tight for my body.
But no complaints about the logistics and the way the event is being run.


Chee Wah,Jeff,Me,Ronald



Met few of my running kakis at the bag collection area and congratulated one another on another run completion.







At the end finish line






Overall, I think it was a good run for me. A new running experience under the damn hot weather. Hope to run this event again next year with a better timing.
Will update the official result or pics soon.





468 x 60

No comments:

Post a Comment